Can't click other links on mobile devices
robbie74

Hi everyone,

I have embedded some wade games on my website and I can't click other links that are around the game?

I believe the game makes your screen press become a hover as the text decoration shows up.

Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

All 6 Comments
Gio

Hi

Is this problem specific to mobile devices, i.e. it works in a desktop browser?

It's difficult to answer your question without looking at your site, but I think this may be due to the window mode that you are using. By default Wade uses windowMode == 'full' which means it will try to use the whole window and catch all mouse events on the window. It is possible, however, to change this default behavior using the container window mode. This can be done in the editor from the scene properties tab (remember to do it for each one of your scenes), or in code, after a scene has been loaded, with wade.setWindowMode('container').

However I would not recommend that, because then you won't get the automatic resizing of the game area that  you get with the 'full' window mode. I think it'd be easier to put your games inside an iframe without changing any code.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't and you want to share a link to your website I can have a look there.

robbie74

Hi,

Yes it works fine on desktop. It only happens on mobile and tablet devices.

http://newleafproject.ie/ninagame.html

Here is a link to my website. I was wondering if theres a way to remove the game when you complete it? Or how can I put it in an iframe without creating another liink?

Thank You for replying!

Gio

If you want to avoid Wade stopping input events from propagating, you can use

wade.cancelInputEvents(false);

This will let all events (such as touchstart, etc) propagate to the rest of your page so they're handled normally by your browser.

To remove the game, you could try

wade.stop()

and then remove the wade container div.

Let me know how that goes.

robbie74

Hi Gio,

wade.cancelInputEvents(false); 

works great. Lets me click other links on the page now!

Would you know how to let that happen from when you first load the page? If not its grand, you have helped enough

Thanks again

Gio

If I understand what you mean, I think the best place to put that line would be in app.js, at the very beginning of the init function.

robbie74

That's it! Thank you for everything Gio

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply