Functions
jota

Hi 

I have an idea that might come in handy to track back code

Is it possible to add some kind of visual marker in the functions that actually have some code on it? 

to explain my ideaI i append the image where this given object has some funtions on it, bet you can figure out where the code is...

All 11 Comments
Gio

Really good idea :)

I was thinking we should have something like this, but wasn't sure how to implement it in a way that makes sense from a user interface perspective. I like your suggestion, I'll see what we can do for the next release (won't be long!).

foxcode

Could possibly change the background colour on that element from black to something different so it is very obvious. Would be a bit problematic in the unlikely event someone used more than 10 of the even handlers, but I like the basic idea, it would be great to have an indication

jota

how about if the indicator is also a button, if you want to execute the code (green) or not (red),

i.e.

jota

how about if the indicator is also a button, if you want to execute the code (green) or not (red),

i.e.

Gio

Just to be sure that I understand, do you mean that you'd like a button to enable - disable individual events for each object without having to delete or comment out the code?

jota

that's the idea :)

Gio

OK, highlighting which functions are in use was a fairly straightforward change, and I've got it working locally. I can confirm it will be in version 3.1.

Enabling / disabling functions is a good idea, but more complicated to implement because of the way things are structured right now. So it will happen, but it may take some more time.

jota
OK, nice, I'm glad that my ideas can help improve wade and help us all
Any release date to the version 3.1?

keep up with the good job ;)
Gio

3.1 hopefully next week.

I'd like to move to a more frequent update cycle - version 3.0 contained lots and lots of changes, but the wait for it was way too long. I'd rather have frequent incremental improvements.

jota

Great

I just saw that you guys did it

:)

Gio

Yes we did release 3.1 and did the function highlighting thing.

I made a blog post describing the main new features.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply