Is it possible to use spriter scml files with WADE or is it best to just stick with sprite sheets?
quality4u

I bought a character animation set and then found out it had no sprite sheets - only individual images and an scml file that has xml definition for the animation sequences.

Is there a way to use the spriter scml animations in WADE?

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi

We do not support that scml format yet (we do have a plan for it, but it's going to be a little while). However, you can export your spriter animations into spritesheets that you can use with WADE. I know foxcode was doing this just the other day, I'll ask him to explain how he's done it.

foxcode

Hi quality4u

As Gio said, we dont have scml support yet, but you can export spriter animations in a format that wade can use.

Open your scml file in spriter. Somewhere in the bottom right of the ui you should be able to see an animations tab. This lists all the animations in the project, just incase you want to make changes to them.

Click the file dropdown at the top left of spriter. Click "export animation to PNG/GIF..."

To export all the animations, check the "batch export" button. You can further refine what to export with the checkboxes that appear below it. In the output file options area, select "sprite strip or sprite sheet". You can mess around with number of vertical/horizontal frames if you want but it's not essential.

When you are happy click batch export. It will create a sprite sheet for each animation. Each frame in the sprite sheet should be the same size, this is critictal for wade. Spriter has other export methods that includes a sprite sheet with a location file but wade does not support that.

I am using animations exported in the way I just described and it's working fine.

Good luck

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply