No Sound on Android build
Seth

Hi Gio, I finally finished my game! Then, I went and built an .apk file. When I run it on an android device everything works good except I have no sound. I used all *.ogg files, should I have used another format?

All 3 Comments
Gio

Hi

We've used ogg flies on Android builds and it always worked fine (though it takes a while to load and decode .ogg's on Android).

Just to understand the source of your problem: do your sounds work when you play the game on Chrome for Android?

Seth

Well, I haven't tried that yet. It works on chrome. I was using Intel XDK to make the .apk because I will be using it for iOS as well. And I didn't think you had a Wade plugin for iOS yet. Should I try to build it a different way? I have no problem doing it through Wade, I just didn't think I could use wade to build for iOS.

Gio

If it works on Chrome, that suggests that the wrapper that you're using (through Intel XDK) is doing something that prevents your sounds from loading, decoding or playing.

It may just be an option to set somewhere in the Intel XDK. I am not familiar with it, so I can't help if you want to do it that way.

These days we use WADE's Android plug-in to build .apk's, but that is a premium plug-in (it costs $15 or so) and you're right, there is no option to export to iOS through a plug-in just yet.

In reality the Android plug-in just simplifies and automates the process of building a crosswalk-based wrapper. You could do the same thing manually and without spending any money (but spending quite a bit of time setting things up). There are detailed how-to guides here: https://crosswalk-project.org/

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply