new isometric js is slower?
PeterM

Hi,

I am trying your game engine and am mainly interested in the isometric features...

Question:

I downloaded the source-code of the 'turorial game'.

When I saw that the script still uses the older versions of wade, I updated the scripts. I now use:

- wade_2.1.js

- wade.iso_1.1.3.js

It all works fine... but with bigger tilesets (200x200) the new version loads much slower than the older version.

What is the reason for that? Or am i doing something wrong?

All 6 Comments
Gio

Hi and welcome to the forums

Do you mean it loads slower, or it runs slower? I think it may appear to run much slower, because the isometric sample uses a fairly old version of WADE that contained a timing-related bug. This was fixed in WADE 1.4 and, unfortunately, it meant that older projects would need some tweaking when upgrading to WADE 1.4 or newer

You can find more information about the upgrade process here.

I know that we should probably update the source code of the isometric sample, but we're changing things and there will soon be a newer version of wade.iso that works with the visual editor, so that sample will soon be a bit obsolete anyway and we'll need to make a new one. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Unknown Poster

I mean that it loads slower. It runs at the same speed...

How soon will the newer version of wade.iso come?

I am not in a hurry...

But it would be nice to know when I could expect it...

Gio

Hi

We're expecting it to be ready some time around the end of this month. Obviously owners of the plug-in get lifetime upgrades, so they'll get the new version too - you can just re-download the plug-in from the downloads page when the new version is out, and if you're using the visual editor and you're logged into your account, the isometric features will be enabled automatically.

Regarding the slower loading.... I hadn't noticed that. What do I need to do to reproduce it? Simply take the isometric sample and update to the latest versions of wade and wade.iso?

Unknown Poster

Hi,

Okay, thx for the update.

Reproducing is like you said: take the isometric sample and update it to the new versions of wad and wade.iso.

And I made the 'grid' a bit bigger:

In iso.js I have set the numTiles tot 115 x 115.

francot514

How to use the isometric, ther is no example, any documentation or reference please...

Gio

Hi

There is this sample (and associated step-by-step guide) that illustrates most of the core concepts.

Isometric is a premium feature, and its samples and documentation are only accessible to owners of the isometric plug-in.

We are in the middle of some work to integrate the plug-in with the visual editor, at the moment it works via scripting only. It's taking a bit longer than we would have liked, but the visual editor integration is *almost* ready.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply