Can't access share and fork ?
Shri

Gio,

When I go to the share and fork, I see the list of featured projects.

However, I don't see the folders and area for creating a new project ?

It seems as if I am not logged in ? But then when I click login, it says 'welcome back ...',

so it seems I am logged in some places but not all places ?

any help you can provide will be appreciated.

cheers,

Shri

All 9 Comments
foxcode

Just to be sure. What happens when you click the my projects button? It should be right at the top of the screen just underneath the downloads button. If it is not there or doesn't work, this could be a bug,

Gio

It sounds like a problem that we had some time ago, but then I think we fixed it.

Please try what foxcode suggested and, if it doesn't work that way, maybe log out and then back in - this will probably fix it.

Could you please let me know what you did either way, if that login problem is still there I do want to get it fixed.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Shri

Fox-Gio-code,

So this is what I see-------------------------------------------------------

- can't access the share and fork from there, so have to go to http://www.clockworkchilli.com/index.php/developers/ shows my name at top right of browser, so I'm still logged in (I think).
- click share and fork

- Now top right of browser shows only log in/register, my login name is no longer visible
- Below banner menu, I see All Projects -> My Projects
- I can see the featured projects (match 3, trail behavior, minimap) and the entire list of projects

- Click my projects, page reloads and I see
- "Hello sg_misc_stuff@hotmail.com, welcome back to our Developers Area!" in a green box.
- Above the green box, I see the text Log In/Register.
- Left side shows wade, snippets and interactive learning

- If i click one of the projects, the project loads and I can see it (ex twin stick shooter).

- If I click either of the links (fork or download) I am taken back to the green box page (see above)

-If I click one of the links on the left, when I go to the page (ex. snippets)
At the top right, my login name appears again, so I am logged in ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the help - happy halloween

cheers,

Shri

Gio

Ok, sounds like the cross-domain log-in system isn't fully working - this is a problem we've had before because Share & Fork is hosted on a different server, and keeping logged in users synchronized across different servers is a bit of a pain.

Logging out and then back in should work though. Can you please try that and let me know how it goes?

Sorry, I'll try to get it sorted asap.

Shri

Gio,

Logging in and out does not work.

Clicking login takes me back to the main login page, and from there I have to go to share and fork.

If I am logged in, I see the green box as explained in the comment above.

Logging in and out at various points seems to just repeat the cycle.

Is anyone else from outside of clockwork chilli having this problem or is it only me ?

No big deal on getting this fixed, just wanted to give you the heads up.

cheers,

Shri

rambo

It's working for me, I don't have any problems... I use firefox, I don't know if that's relevant

Gio

Shri, this is being looked into. It is most likely a cookie-related problem.

However I'm confused as to why logging out and then back in doesn't work. Are you definitely sure about it? Not logging in where it says you aren't logged in, but actually clicking log out then trying to log in?

Either way, it'll hopefully be fixed very soon.

Thanks for reporting the problem

Shri

Gio,

I started thinking about how you said "Share & Fork is hosted on a different server"

I use firefox and normally, when I log into sites, I have the accept-third party cookies set to never

I reset that to always and share and fork is working now.

I  guess you should put that somewhere in the documentation for share and fork.

My bad, sorry for the fuss,

Shri

Gio

Ah that explains it then :)

We should probably have a message that gets displayed when 3rd party cookies are disabled.

Thanks very much for all the info you've provided, it's going to help us make it better and easier to use.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply