Help! my game is no longer in Wade
Seth

Hi Gio, My game is no longer in Wade! I can't open it, and I made sure I was logged in. Do you guys delete files after so long? Is there anyway I can get it back? I do have the source code for it, can I import it? Thanks for any help, Seth

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi Seth

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I'll take this opportunity to clarify how things work with the WADE editor.

The important thing to remember is that your games and apps are never sent to our servers (unless you choose to do so, for example, to build an Android app through our cloud system). In normal circumstances, all your data is only ever stored in your hard drive. You can check this stackoverflow question for the details of where it is physically stored.

Ultimately Chrome stores it in one of its local folders (depending on the OS), and it is somewhat hidden. It is, however, persistent, meaning that it remains there until you decide to clear your browser's history also ticking the option to remove all "Cookies and other site and plugin data".

If you have the files locally on your hard drive, you can easily re-import it into WADE:

1. Create a new project in the WADE editor.
  2. Drag and drop all the project files and floder from your hardrive into your browser, into the root folder of your new project.
  3. Refresh the WADE edtior's page.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you recover your projects.

Seth

Thanks Gio! As always, you've been a big help. I will import it in.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply