Tit-For-Tat (prisoner's dilemma) isometric game
Shri

All,

Tit-For-Tat is an isometric graphical version of an iterated prisoner's dilemma.

If that sentence made no sense to you....

It's the game where you can choose to share or keep on each round.

If both players keep, you both get nothing.

If one keeps and the other shares, then the keeper gets points and the sharer gets nothing.

If both players share, you both get points.

Search the web for prisoner's dilemma for further info.

You play the game against a number of computer opponents who use different strategies.

It uses the  wade 1.1.3 engine and the 1.1.1 iso plugin

In the html, these are loaded from a common directory.

You will have to modify the html file to point to wherever you are getting the wade engine and iso plugin from.

Besides modifying the html, it should run out of the box.

Feel free to reuse the code as you wish. Ignore the copyright stuff at the top of the files

The images and sounds are all under CC 3.0 so attribution is requested..

You can also play this game and updated versions of all my other games at my website.

www.ashatej.com

cheers

All 6 Comments
OkieDokie

hello,

i am new to wade and isometric, but i want to learn! i tried using your game, i can see the source code and it is very nice, with much comment. I will learn something from it, thank you.

for now i am trying to run the game, but it says wade.iso is undefined... what do i have to do?

OkieDokie

oh i got it. I played on your website and it worked. i was missing a javascript file.

game is cool, does it work with mobile phones? i see you have other games too, with source code! great for learning! which one do you recomend for beginner programmer like me?

Elliot

Hey

Great game as usual! It took me a while to understand what I had to do - initially it wasn't clear to me that I had to actually "meet" the other characters to be able to share or keep. Maybe you could write this on the initial screen?

Once I got it, it was a really enjoyable game. If I may suggest something: maybe you could add some resources to collect on the map, so the things that you "share" or "keep" are related to something that's on the screen - I think it would make sense.

Anyway, it's a nice, original game once again.

Shri

Elliot,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm never sure how to explain the game without being too wordy. And since I have been programming it, I know exactly what to do ! (programmer's dilemma).

Most casual games I see on the web are like you said, 'I didn't understand what to do, then I figured it out.

I will modify the instructions to  (hopefully) make it more clear.

I like your idea of collecting resources, it never occurred to me that share or keep would be something physical, great idea.

I will have to think about how to implement this.

OkieDokie

If you are new to wade, I suggest going through the sample games on the clockwork chili site.

They are not complete games, but the code is much shorter and easier to understand.

After that, if you want to check out my games, RAF is just a more complete version ot a top down shooter.

From there, if you want to learn the iso stuff, I suggest you check out the Polyphemus source code.

The code 'base' for my games is all very similar, so if you get what I'm doing in RAF, the leap to polyphemus is just the iso stuff and shouldn't be that hard.

If you have questions about using wade, Gio and the other folks on this site are a great resource.

All my games should work on anything with a modern browser (tablet, mobile), so it should work on the mobile.

If you try one and it doesn't work, let me know.

cheers

hermes

Very interesting game!

I like that most of your games are quirky and original. I also enjoy the more relaxed pace of this game compared to others. And, as I said on several other occasions, I'm always amazed at how quickly you can make these games!

I'd like to say that yes, I took me a little while to understand what I was supposed to do, but perhaps a minute or so, and in my opinion that's totally acceptable, and the same thing is true for most games.

OkieDokie
Thanks for your help, I am looking at raf shooter now. Very useful, thanks.
Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply