Using Wade to create Standard App mixed with game
spicecoder

Hello , Just joined today; WADE looks impressive to me;  was wondering any one done a standard web /mobile apps like TodoList etc with data persistency in the backend and mixed with stategy games in the front end like playing with Skylines Might & Magic etc. I am interested in knowing a bit of the approach and challenges in doing that through Wade. 

All 4 Comments
amaso83

Hello

Do you mean you want to save the game data on a server, so the user can login again and resume where she left?

I am attempting something like that, but it is not strategy game, it is like a puzzle game. I am using node.js as the framework for my server.

Or do you want to save progress on the user's browser? This is much easier, but of course it's a different thing.

spicecoder

Yes, the node.js path is more in the path  one I am looking for , with back end java and also mongodb.. I am interested in making games which sit side by side with things like managing real life resources , e.g booking for  of a theme park ticket  and amenities while playing a game. etc ..you get the idea...

Gio

Hi

We have made a few games with WADE and a node.js + mongodb backend (no Java involved though), most notably Zirma I think.

We found it easier to use WADE on the client side only, and some middleware on the server: a mongodb driver called mongo.js, socket.io for realtime communication, express, connect and an oAuth module for authenticating through facebook.

Overall I don't think it's difficult, but it takes much longer than making a single player, local only game. The nice bit though is that you can easily share code between WADE and node.js

What you described sound like an interesting idea, and without knowing much about your project, I'd say that one of the more challenging bits  will be setting it all up in a secure way and interfacing external API's such as a payment provider to book tickets, etc. This however will be the case anyway, whether you choose WADE or any other HTML5 engine

spicecoder

Thanks for that feed  -yes it assures me I am in the right company . I shall go ahead and build the  pieces , challenges you mentioned are real , howver at the same time they are getting more and more easier to implement so I am hopefull.

Regards

Pronab 

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply