web gl not working in chrome 49.0.2623.112 m with wade 3.2 ?
Shri

Gio,

I am running on an older machine. My version of chrome is 49.0.2623.112 m. When I run the previous version of wade, the webgl stuff runs fine. But when I try to use the newer version of wade (3.2)  I get the following

WebGL is not supported in this environment, layer 6 is falling back to a canvas-based renderer. wade_3.2.js 185 ?

Layer 6 is where the webgl stuff gets drawn. What gives, everywhere else on the web, the webgl stuff works fine.

cheers,

Shri

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi Shri

Is this in the editor or on a standalone / exported project? It sounds pretty weird. I'm on Chrome 51 now but I don't recall ever seeing that problem on version 49. Would you be able to send me the project file so I can try it here? Either gio@clockworkchilli.com or clockworkchilli@gmail.com.

Thanks

EDIT: Thinking about it, I don't think I ever tried  Chrome 49 with WADE 3.2. I'll try now. Would you be able to try a newer version of Chrome on your end? I want to get to the bottom of it, but it's really weird that it would work with 3.1 as there are hardly any differences in the rendering part of the engine.

Shri

Gio,

I made a little oversight. It seems I never upgraded to 3.1. So, I was running with 3.0. So, not sure where the problem started - sorry about that.

Anyway, I just sent you an email with more details and the files zipped up.

As always, thanks for you help,

cheers,

Shri

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply