Cardlings - a game powered by WADE
Gio

Hi all

Today I can finally announce the game that I've been working on for a while with the help of some very talented people.

Cardlings is a digital board game where the cards in your hand become units and buildings on the board. Powered by WADE of course, it will be available on Steam from June 5th 2019, with Android and iOS versions following soon after that for cross-platform multiplayer.

You can find out more at the game's official site.

Stay tuned as I will soon do some blog posts about the development of it - how it was structured, the main challenges we met and how we solved all the issues that we encountered during development. In fact if you have any specific questions do ask below and I'll do my best to answer.

All 5 Comments
cleo

Gio, Cardlings looks great! I wish I could make a game like that. I hope you will share some tricks with us to make such a polished game.

One thing I would like to know is how you create the Artificial Intelligence for a game like that, please write something about it

prajwal.be.21

Looks brilliant Gio, all the best and look forward to playing the game.

Gio

Now avaliable on Steam!

I have also written the first (in a series) of blog posts about what went right and what went wrong. You can find it here:

Cardlings Development Insights (Part 1)

Indeed

Interesting looking game, congrats!

Now that the game is done and you have more free time, we are going to get wade 4.1? :)

Gio

Yeah in fact I've got lots of little fixes and improvements, so I'm probably going to release these first in the next few days (not sure whether it will be version 4.0.2 or 4.1), and then get on with the rest of the features that were planned for 4.1

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply