Feature Creep. thread.
rickierich

Text support object. Things like paragraph (left margin, right margin etc). Yes it is possible to hack something in javascript but the visual aspect should never be lost.  

All 11 Comments
rickierich

Save from code editor or save from scene editor. then reload that is a mess, to be honest it must be changed.

This needs to be changed, due to version control. You should only be able to deal with one version of the file. It should not be possible to have a different version through the code editor and the scene editor at the same time. All changes should be committed to a temporary store all views should be of the temporary store instantly, even if it means locking the editor until the change or view updated. Only 1 save should be possible as the scene view and edit view would be constant all the time. Then commit the changes to the underline file at the time of saving or discard the temporary file all together. If there is a crash an automatic restore of the environment with the temporary file loading up the stuff previously in the editor.

rickierich

a checkbox option on the code editor that toggles the screen editor when you switch tabs. To reinforce the one view idea. The checkbox is there as sometimes you do not need to see the visual aspect of the scene when you are coding.

rickierich

by screen I mean visual scene view.

rickierich

Only one instance of wade game engine should exist in the windows environment. Or an option on installation. The second, third, fourth etc instances should be opened from within wade.

rickierich

Facebook instant game support.

rickierich

2.5d or 3D three.js or something like that. Not Babylonls not lightweight enough.

rickierich

There needs to be a way of build the zip file with babel with rollup minify, webpack, gulp, that sort of area, n your build process so that it strips the functions that are not used. Therefore it can work on more devices. Facebook blocks basic games cause the whole wade engine is packaged with the zip. 

incorporating this config file is easy enough.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/sdk/bundle-config

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/getting-started/quickstart

Automated with an advert object/source code snippet.

What I really want is a parser to go through the code from top to bottom keep the code it uses and get rid of everything else. And an obfuscator, so that things like particles and other things that are not used do not get flagged for potentially using up resources because the flagg that was placed on my code was silly.

rickierich

wade needs to use native browsers on the computer even if you have to package python or http.server so that we can use web developer in firefox or chrome. 

Both give an opportunity to give a mobile view look.

rickierich

wade.loadScene().

FB needs a way of understanding the progress of the scene loading. If this could work asynchronously or a way of returning a value asynchronously to work out how far along it is at loading the scene. 

rickierich

TickerTape function on the text sprite. Or a separate class that is a ticker-tape. I think they did something like that in j2me going back.

rickierich

Default background colour should be the same as browsers, for the visual editor. It is normally white I think. Also rules and guides would help alot. 

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply