NetBeans debugging
Someone

Hi,

I'm using NetBeans with NetBeans Connector on Chrome. When I put a breakpoint on my program it not works and never change from "Unresolved breakpoint" to a valid one (during the execution).

I'm working on the first example about memory game on Wade videos and my breakpoints are on memory.js (breakpoints on javascript in index.html are working). 

Someone can help me?

Thank you!

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I think the issue is that the NetBeans debugger gets confused and cannot find the script, since the script is loaded dynamically. You could try adding this line at the very bottom of memory.js:

//@ sourceURL=memory.js

This usually helps Chrome find dynamically loaded scripts, but I have no idea whether it'll work for NetBeans too.

Alternatively, you could load the script statically from your index.html file. This is less likely to confuse the debugger. To do this, just add this line after the <script> tag that loads wade_1.4.js in index.html:

<script src="memory.js"></script>

And then, instead of doing

wade.init('memory.js');

do just:

wade.init();

I hope this resolves your issue - if not, just let me know and I'll install NetBeans to see what's involved in getting it to behave properly with WADE :)

Someone

Hi,

It works with the second solution (<script src="memory.js"></script> and wade.init() ).

Thank you!!

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply