Physics plugin - radgoll physics
Shri

Gio,

After using the physics plugin in my last couple of projects, I wanted to try something new.

I was wondering if there is a way to implement ragoll physics with wade and the physics plugin.

Something similar to this flash game

From what I have found on the web, it seems to involve creating a connected mesh and then the physics applied to the mesh is handled inside

the physics engine. So, before I went down that rabbit hole, I thought I would ping you to see if that was even possible or if you had a suggestion

as to where to start.

If that is beyond the scope of the current plugin, could you at least point me in a directrion for how you would implent a tippy platform.

i.e. a platform in a side scroller game that rotates around a central point based on the weight on either side (you know like a tippy platform).

As always, any help you can provide is appreciated !

cheers,

Shri

1 Comment
Gio

Hi Shri

The physics plug-in was designed for quick arcade games and isn't so sophisticated unfortunately.

However, depending on the specific circumstances of your tippy platform, you may be able to just fix its position in its onUpdate() function. It will work in some cases but it isn't the best solution for every possible scenario.

The physics plug-in, at the moment, supports static immovable objects - for your tippy platform you would need to add some code to support objects that cannot move, but can rotate.

Related to this: one thing I've been wanting to do for some time is a Box2D plug-in for WADE, that would allow you to have far more complex physics in your games. Our time here is limited as we're working on the next release (that is focused on the isometric aspect, not physics). So I'd like to commission this work to someone, otherwise it isn't happening any time soon. Should you or anyone else be interested, please PM me.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply