scene clipping in run window
Flyingcursor

Hi. I hope this has not been asked

Im starting a side scroller. I've added all of my background objects and it looks fine in the editor. However when I run it the bottom section is cut off. I've tried several different scene sizes but the results are always the same. the smallest size i have tried is 1024x768.

Two questions. is my size too big? how can i make my scene scale to fit different resolutions?

Thank you.

All 2 Comments
Gio

No size is ever too big or too small, it all depends on what you want to do :)

How exactly are you setting the resolution? There are two fields in the scene properties: Min Size and Max Size.

If you want to work at a fixed resolution (say 1024x768) with WADE taking care of scaling the content to fit the screen as best as it can (always preserving your aspect ratio), then you want to set both Min Size and Max Size to 1024x768 (or whatever resolution you like, the point being it has to be the same value for both).

In fact it's actually a more flexible system that allows you to do more things that just use a fixed resolution, and this tutorial covers it all I believe:

Working with variable screen sizes

Flyingcursor

It worked!   I misunderstood the purpose of the Min value.  

I am working on a game for my four year old grandson.  He loves cars and trucks so I'm working on a side scrolling truck/car driving game.  I

As always, thank you for your swift and friendly response.   I'm sure I will have more questions.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply