unable to load in Chrome
superherogeek

Hi, I'm trying Wade to see if I can write some educational content for E-Learning courses, but it doesn't seem to load in Chrome.  Is this normal?  I started a new project, added a single image and the project wouldn't open in Chrome. I downloaded the open match 3 project from the website and had the same results.  Everytime I try to open in Chrome I get the erorr "Unable to load main app script app.js". I'm on max os x Yosemite, the Wade online editor and my chrome is v53.

Any advice?

Thanks.

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi

You mean that the sample game / project that you created cannot be opened in Chrome? If you have all your files on your local filesystem, yes that's normal - Chrome won't run local scripts for security reasons.

You can start Chrome with the command line argument --allow-file-access-from-files to get around that problem. Note that you have to close ALL your Chrome window before restarting chrome with --allow-file-access-from-files

Or you could put your files on a web server. You could start a local one by opening a terminal window in your project's folder and typing

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000

Your project will then be accessible at http://localhost:8000

Also note that if you use the online editor, you can preview your game at any time without having to do any of this.

superherogeek

Thank you so much  That was the issue.  It's been ages since I've done this kind of thing and I appreciate the feedback.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply