Drag and Drop
cap

Hi All,

Sry for the naive question / bad coding: I wanted to drag all of my objects in x,z using wade.iso. Since I want to disable the drag/panning of the world tiles during object selection, I just thought of adding a flag when the pertinent object is MouseDown;

//( from this.init)    objects.onMouseDown = function()    {        // Flag the object to avoid world camera moving,  only object translation during drag. Remove object from position.        SELECT = 1        objects.setVisible(false);        return true    }    wade.addEventListener(objects, 'onMouseDown');      this.onMouseUp = function(eventData)    {        // Return the world manipulation flag, show object in new position after dragging.        SELECT = 0        var worldCoords = wade.screenPositionToWorld(wade.iso.getTerrainLayerId(), eventData.screenPosition);        var cellCoords = wade.iso.getCellCoordinates(worldCoords.x, worldCoords.y);        objects.setVisible(true);        wade.iso.moveObjectToCell(objects, cellCoords.x , cellCoords.z);        };

This works, but only once. The second time I click the object in the new position wade_1.1.1.js complains "TypeError: b is undefined" and does not drag the object from its new position (the rest of the script runs business as usual).

This is the third attempt in a series of failed scripts for dragging, so I will appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction, even if the matter and hand seems trivial :). Also do you mind explaining how wade.iso.getObjectsInCell(cell.x, cell.z) works? Sometimes is seems it returns more than one Object, how to choose between then?

thanks!

CA

Comments 16 to 17 (17 total)
echar

How can i correct these Beach Tiles?

Gio

It looks like they should be just a bit larger... I would try setting the scale to something like 1.02 in the tile editor.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply