"No Scene Loaded" - Scene Won't Load in Editor
Wingedness

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has a solution for this issue.

I'm building a dress-up doll game; it is sprite-heavy with just a little scripting.  I spent the morning importing and scripting just over 30 images in about 15 scene objects.

4 hours or so in, Wade crashed (no big deal, happens every so often, I thought).   When I re-opened the project, I couldn't load the scene in the Editor.  When I tried loading, a bar appeared (see image) and then wouldn't leave the window, even if I opened other projects.

[attachment=75:Wade_Screenshot_3-27-15.jpg]

I had to restart Chrome to get rid of it.  I thought it might just need a little time to think, so I tried to load it up again and let it sit for 1/2 an hour while I went off and made myself lunch, but when I returned, nothing had changed.  Loading bar hadn't moved.  Scene hadn't appeared.

I tried opening the scene1.wsc file, cutting out all of my SceneObjects[ --blah blah blah objects here/ I cut all of this--].  Ran it, the scene loaded blank like it should.  So I pasted my SceneObjects information back into it, saved, and tried to reload.

Same issue.  "No Scene Loaded" on the left, loading bar in the center, nothing happening.  The log doesn't show that the scene loaded, either.

[attachment=76:wade_Screenshot2_3-27-15.jpg]

Wondering if anyone has a solution, or a reason why this happened.  Do I have too many images/scene objects?  I'm going to try to restore it for a little while longer, then I guess I'll just chock it up to a loss and start the project over.

But I'd rather know if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm up against a Wade limitation, before I do the same thing and run into the same issue.

I've also attached a zip file of the source code for a teeny tiny demo test run.  I'm using the exact same method for this larger game.

[attachment=77:dressup demo.zip]

Thanks~

Lauren

1 Comment
Gio

Hi and welcome to the forums

It should definitely work but it sounds like some files may have been corrupted when it crashed - it'd be unusual, but it's possible that it fails to load some assets, and therefore fails to load the scene. The loading bar there would suggest so.

If you open the developer tools (F12), in the Console tab it may say which file it's failed to load.

Although this doesn't happen too often, there should definitely be a better way of knowing why it's failed to load, it's something that we should try to improve.

If you want to send us the project with all the assets (either attach it here or email gio at clockworkchilli dot com), I can have a look at it to see where the loading is failing exactly.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply