Gone Batty - isometric game
Shri

All,

I have a new wade isometric game on my site www.ashatej.com.

It is the last game in the list "Gone Batty"

It is an isometric game that incorporates both the minimap and joystick behaviors.

If you can give it a go, I would appreciate some feedback.

I would be espicially interested in how it works on the mobile.

The code needs to be cleaned up.

Once I get around to it, I will post the source js files here for your amusement.

anyway, enjoy,

cheers,

Shri

All 6 Comments
hermes

Hey

Nice to see you keep making great isometric games in no time at all. You must know how to use wade.iso really well now!

I haven't had much time for programming lately, but I plan to start again soon. Anyway, about Gone Batty. :D Great concept, quite addictive, but too difficult for me! I couldn't make it past the first level! If you added keyboard controls (for people playing on their desktop and laptop computers) it may become easier.

Shri

All,

As promised earlier, here is the source code for "gone batty".

I included the html and css because I added a css loading bar.

(I found this on the web, not my original stuff).

Anyway, ignore any copyright stuff in the code and use it as you wish.

Hermes,

Thanks for trying the game and the feedback.

I wasn't quite sure how difficult it was, since I have been playing it for a week and know all the secrets.

I will think about adding keyboard controls.

In the mean time, I'll "tweak" the first level a little to make it an easier entry.

cheers,

Shri

Gio
I agree with Hermes in that this is a truly great concept. Your explanation at the beginning is also great - clear and amusing. Though I would increase the resolution of it, on a big monitor it looks a bit blurry.

While I love isometric games (and like Hermes said, you are master of isometric now :) ), I think that if you made a non-isometric version of it with cartoon-style graphics, you would be able to easily sell a few licenses to gaming portals. Though I do realize that finding the graphics may be a bit of a challenge.
Shri

Gio,

Thanks for the feedback.

I uploaded higher resolution versions of all  the splash screens, so hopefully it looks better on the bigger monitor.

I also tweaked the first level so it should be a little easier to complete (Hermes - hopefully you can get to the other levels).

When you say a non-isometric version, do you mean a top down view or a side scroll view ?

Since to me, the isometric view is a big part of the game play, could you point me at an example of what you mean ?

again, thanks for the feedback

cheers,

Shri

Gio

Either top-down or side-scrolling. Don't get me wrong, I think the isometric version is "better" - I was just saying that if you want to sell it, sponsors and game portals would probably be more interested in a top-down / side-scrolling version of it because it's more similar to existing types of games and (sad but true) games that are similar to existing games sell more easily than original and different ones.

Having said that, isometric but with more colourful graphics might also have some good chances of selling.

You may want to keep an eye on our next free sprite of the week (going live on Monday I think), which is a cartoon-style dragon. Though we don't have dragonflies and bats just yet :)

Gio

The dragon is available now by the way

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply