HOG List Objects
jota

Hello,

In a Hidden Object Game, how can i have a list of objects instead of silhouettes?

Thank you

All 5 Comments
Gio

Hi

The hidden object tool generates a set of objects to represent the things you have to find in the scene. By default these objects contain sprites that are silhouettes, you're right, but they're easy to change. For each one of those scene object, you can remove the default sprite and a new text sprite to it, with some text of your choice.

Gio

Sorry, it seems that I replied too soon  and I was slightly wrong :) the hidden object tool generates a single scene object with multiple sprites.

The main point still stands: you can remove those sprites and add text sprites instead. 

jota

Hi Gio,

Thank's for your reply

I think i was misunderstood, i was talking about the generated bar. My idea is when i found an object, assuming i have a list of objects instead of the black silhouttes bar, and then change the text color (for example) of that founded object.

Another thing, when the game is generated I get this error message (in attachment) should i be worried about it.

Gio

The error is probably nothing to worry about, but thanks for reporting it, I'll look into it.

And yes, I was talking about the generated bar. It contains a set of sprites. You can remove these sprites (without deleting the object, just remove the sprites) and add new TextSprites. Make sure that youre new text sprites are called the same target_0, target_1, etc. See pictures below

Then to change the color, edit hiddenObject.js and, around line 39, find the line that says ts.setImageFile && ts.setImageFile(this.owner.getSprite(1).getImageName()); 

Change it to this

ts.setImageFile && ts.setImageFile(this.owner.getSprite(1).getImageName());
ts.setColor && ts.setColor('green');

jota

Perfect, thank you

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply