Il Topo (the mouse) isometric game
Shri

All,

I have a new wade isometric game on my site www.ashatej.com.

It is the last game in the list "Il Topo"

It is an isometric game that incorporates both the minimap and joystick behaviors.

If you can give it a go, I would appreciate some feedback.

I would be espicially interested in how it works on the mobile.

If anyone requests it, I will be happy to post the game source code here,

but is is basically the same stuff as my other game code.

anyway, enjoy,

cheers,

Shri

All 7 Comments
Taddeus

Good game, like always.

But I found difficult to control with the joystick (I played on mobile). Problem is my finger sometimes move outside the joystick area, and the joystick don't recognize it anymore. Is it possible to fix? Can you add normal touch control too?

Anyway, it is good game, and good way to use the minimap!

Shri

Taddeus,

Thanks for the feedback.

The joystick is supposed to go back to zero when your finger is off it.

That being said, I made the joystick a little bigger (maybe that will make it easier to control on the mobile ?).

I also took your suggestion and added the touch control.

You cannow  tap (click) the maze and watch the mouse run to that spot.

cheers,

Shri

Taddeus
Ok, it is very much better now with touch control. And it was fast:D

I think virtual joystic normally in mobile games works also when finger is outside joystick area, and it could make controls even better in your game and in all games which use joystick behavior.

But i cant get to door in level 2! Is thee a door in level 2?
Gio

Well done Shri! Good to see the isometric plug-in and the minimap being put to good use :)

I think what Taddeus says about the joystick behavior makes sense, and it would be a very easy change: simply add the object as a globalEventListener for 'onMouseMove' (rather than a simple event listener), and that sould be it, if I understand it correctly.

Oh, just a little heads up on the Italian (which happens to be my native language): it's "buona fortuna piccolo topo", without the "il".

Shri

Taddeus,

Again, thanks for the feedback. When you have your head down developing a game, you sometimes forget what/how it is like to actually play.

The joystick control now works in the following manner.Touch on the joystick 'activates' it, move will move the joystick around regardless of whether

you are in the joystick area or not, release turns off the joystick and returns it to its zero position. This should be how you described it as normally working on the mobile.

If it still isn't right, let me know.

There is definately an exit you can reach on level two. Use the minimap and look for the white 'scent'.

Also, to escape level three, there is a trick - hint, the red lava is burning hot on your feet.

Gio,

I have updated the html page to reflect your correction. I know that kind of thing sticks out like a sore thumb when it's your native language.

I speak a little Italian but I'm definately not fluent. Last time I was there, I was told my accent was great, but my grammar was horrible !

vabbe`

cheers,

Shri

amaso83
Hello

I like your game and if you can share your code that I can re-use it I will appreciate it.
Shri

Amaso83,

The javascript source files for il topo are attached here.

Ignore the copywright stuff in the headers and use them as you wish.

cheers,

Shri

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply