New to Game programming Help needed.
rickierich

I have tried 2Dkit, which is good, but too visual and the tutorials are bad you can only use it if your already a game developer or have no coding experience.

Panda2 is exciting, but it is sloppy in places excellent templates smooth looking and using, pretty good tutorials, but they do not age well.

Wade by far the best I did not expect it. Do not agree with all abstractions, but I can understand the workflow and another person's way of thinking (which I did not think I was capable of).

I Tried Unity and wasted days of my life that won't return, a complete nightmare to get it started. Abstractions are complicated, I think I could follow tutorials on other engines and write games here — enough blag.

Now the help I need tools useful tools, merely effective. I know adobe stuff ok, but I now video edit inshot for mobile phones rather than premiere pro, Collage instead of photoshop. They are not worth the load time. The reason why I am asking and giving those examples is that Wade is to Unity the same sort of thing.

I require programs to make animations, I am ok for sound, but graphics for games could someone please give me a list of stuff that ill help with that, Please. Snappy graphics quickly made and free use resources! Wade has a lot packaged with it. So I have a choice. Again along the lines that I have explained.

List please.

Thanks for your time.

All 2 Comments
Indeed

Hello

I agree Wade is one of the best, for 2D games it's quicker and much more lightweight than Unity and the editor is nice once you get used to it.

I'm not sure if this helps you, but one thing you can do for free/cheap graphics is follow the links at the bottom of the Wade editor, when you use the Repo Browser and select a repository with stuff that you like there is usually (not always!) a link to the author's website to get more graphics like that.

Generally https://opengameart.org/ has got some good stuff. I used openclipart.org a lot while it lasted, but it's been down for several months now... http://www.clker.com/ is also good.

In terms of software, I always use Gimp for static sprites and Blender for animated objects like character (then render to a 2D sprite and make a spritesheet with TexturePacker). Both take time getting used to the interface, but they are easy to use once you understand the basics.

rickierich

thanks, anyone else feels free to add to this list. Only simple free to use kit, please.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply