Physics for Javascript share and fork project
Shri

Waders,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been working my way through the book "Physics for Javascript."
By Dev Ramtal and Adrian Dobre. I have 'ported' most of the examples from the book to work with Wade.

Some of the examples are also borrowed from the book "Foundation HTML5 with Javascript" by Keith Peters.

The examples which I have not ported involve graphing movement functions, which are intesting from a educational

perspective but not really helpful if you just want to make games (imho).

I am through chapter 10 so there are examples that should help folks trying to igure out how to do things with Wade.

I will continue to work through the rest of the books and post additional chapters as they are completed.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the books sellers, publishers or authors.

cheers,

Shri

All 6 Comments
tumble

Very nice!! I don't know much about physics, but this is a great way to learn. Much better than reading a book, I like seeing things in action. Thank you

rambo
Sorry I think I am missing something. Is thee a demo of this, I can't see it
foxcode

Hi rambo. He is talking about physics examples he programmed. Our share and fork feature allows you to upload your own code for other people to use.

You can find the specific example that he coded here 

amaso83

I have just found this project, it is very good. But some of the examples did not work forme, for example the black hole demo.

It is very usueful anyway, thank you Shri

Shri

Amaso83,

I assume you mean the 'blackHoleGame' in chapter 10.

I just tried it and is seemed to work fine ?

Since it uses keyboard input, keep the mouse/cursor in the game area when trying it.

Some of the floating ball demos may not appear to work sometimes too.

The balls are placed randomly and occassionally they load off the screen and you get the 'some scene objects can't be renered...'

If you don't see any floating balls, just try reloading the page.

I also got blank screens a couple of times when trying demos ? I just relaoded the page and they worked fine.

I think this is something on the server end ?

Let me know if you still can't get the black hole demo to work, and I will take a look at it again.

cheers,

Shri

amaso83

Hello

Yes, it works! It is my fault, in some examples is said click to start but I did not understand it meant click the text to start. I was clicking on the screen on another place. The black hole game works, thank you

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply