Simple bar demo
foxcode

Hello everyone

Made a very simple demo this morning of a bar behavior. You can use this behavior for things like health bars and timers. It is intentionally very simple to hopefully make it easy to expand on.

The demo can be found here http://cceditorlive-cceditor.rhcloud.com/projects/viewProject?id=542ad1dc66fcec0000b4e8f4

Feel free to fork the project using our online editor and make your own version.

Happy coding

All 5 Comments
Shri

Foxcode,

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you get / see the code from the share and fork link ?

When I click share and fork on your trail behavior I get "Hello, welcome back to our Developers Area!"

I could save the source from the page, but there seems like I should simply be able to see a text box with the code in it or a directory structiure like you see on github ?

Am I missing something or doing something wrong ?

thanks,

Shri

foxcode

Not sure what is going wrong so I will explain what I have done just now to fork my own project

1. Go to the main clockwork chilli page, ensuring you are logged in

2. Click on the share and fork button at the top

3. Select all projects, then select the project you want to fork

4. Click the fork this project button, ignore the message that comes up, and instead click on my projects. The forked project should be in the list. When you open that, there will be alist of files for that project. Selecting one should show up code in the box

Hope this helps, if not I will have to consult with the oracle

Gio
It sounds like a problem with your session/cookies somehow being out of sync, in which case logging out and then back in should fix it.

Sorry about the inconvenience, we'll get it fixed asap
Shri

Foxcode,

Thanks for the step by step.

It worked and I have a new "Trail Behavior" project in my projects.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how "fork this project" means make a copy of this project and put it under my projects with the same name + a 4 number & letter suffix ?

Is there a better way of describing what I am doing like - "copy to my projects" or "add to my projects"

Also, it would be nice if I could just look at the code files (like on github)  and maybe just copy a subset of the files into a target project.

That way, if I were making a new game and wanted to grab several behaviors, I could just select the appropriate 'behavior.js' files,

copy (fork) them into my new game project and then intergrate the behaviors into the new game.

As an aside, when I have tried to fork my minimap project (I just clicked the button to see what was going to happen since I didn't know what fork did at the time).

I received an error "you don't have the necessary plugins to fork this project" which I assume means that the backend doesn't seem to think I have the iso plugin,

which I do and I couldn't have made the minimap without - this sounds like it may be related to what Gio said about the sessions/cookies being out of sync.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the help.

cheers,

Shri

Gio
Thanks for the feedback Shri, it's a new service and admittedly it could be improved. Any comments you have will help us make it better.
Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply