Wade Particles Demo
Shri

All,

I put together a little demo with the wade particles plug-in.

You can check it out on my site www.ashatej.com. It is the last one in the list 'Wade Particles Demo'.

It runs a little long (6 minutes) but I didn't feel I have the right to shorten Tchaikovsky.

Also, the screen size is set to 700 x 400 so it may look blurry at a larger size.

I have attached the two source files here.

The code could use some cleaning up and improvement, but hey it's just a demo.

If you would like to reuse the code, feel free, just ignore the copyright stuff at the top

cheers,

Shri

All 2 Comments
Gio

Hi

I think it's pretty cool. An interesting experiment, and it gets actually quite pretty half-way through. 

You sharing the code with everyone is, as always, something I really appreciate - I'm sure it will help lots of people who want to use the particle plug-in.

One note though: the sound file is really large, and I had to reload the page 3 times to get it to work: it timed out the first 2 times I tried, but luckily the server supported partial content download (i.e. resuming interrupted downloads), so it worked the 3rd time. Maybe you could try compressing it more, e.g. making the soundtrack mono rather than stereo and setting a lower bitrate. A bit of a shame, I know. Or maybe try uploading to a different server that doesn't timeout so quicklly? Having said that, it may very well be my connection's fault.

Shri

Gio,

Thanks for the feedback. I converted the sound file to mono (cut the size down from 8 to 4 MB - Apologies to Tchaikovsky).

I had also forgotten to upload an AAC sound file, so that is up there too.

Hopefully it should now run smoother now.

cheers,

Shri

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply