Zoom in and out without mouse
oranjoose

Is there a way to zoom in and out of the editor's editing window without having a mouse scroll wheel? Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

All 3 Comments
Gio

Hi

There isn't a way at present, but I'm making a note to add it to version 3.3. I am thinking the + and - keys unless someone's got a better suggestion?

oranjoose

Something that might be helpful could be to make double-clicking a scene object in the scene objects list zooms the editor's camera to "fit" that scene object. Other editors use this convention.

On a somewhat related note, I've noticed in various tutorials and forum posts that code is put into the background scene object in order to catch mouse events on the whole canvas, or for keyboard events, or other pseudo-global logic. If there is this tendency to do this, then would it make sense to have each scene possess some kind of root object?

If you didn't want to make a top-level "Canvas" scene object in the scene objects list, you could perhaps just add a Functions tab to the Scene properties for all these pseudo-global events and logic. I think that would be intuitive and more consistent with the Scene Object events workflow, but these are just my two cents.

Gio

Very useful suggestions actually. Thanks!

Currently working on version 3.3, I'm sure at least some of the things you mentioned will be in it.

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply