index.html
pauls

Hello

I am a new member and wanted to begin with Learning to write a memory game from samples but when i started index.html, the screen was black and i didn't see any thing on the screen as the guide of the step by step shows.

I used chrome as standard. Do you know what is the problem?

//Pauls

All 3 Comments
Gio
Hi Pauls and welcome

I think it's supposed to be a black screen to start with. You will need to create a memory.js file and edit index.html as explained in the tutorial before you can see anything on the screen.

Or do you mean that you have done this and s still get a black screen? If so, please attach your project as a zip and we'll have a look to see what's wrong.
pauls

Hi Gio

I have done that and wanted to test it with one card but it does not work and there was only black screen.

[attachment=67:TestGame.zip]

foxcode

Hello Pauls, I believe I have fixed your problems, and have gotten your code to work on my computer. Here are the changes you need to make and why.

1. In index.html, you have the following line

//wade.init('memory.js');

you need to remove the 2 forward slashes as this indicates the line is a comment, and as such the line will not be executed

wade.init('memory.js');

2. In index.html, you also have the line <script src="wade_1.6.js"></script>

This is saying that you want to use the wade_1.6.js file, however this is not in the zip file you provided. Download wade 1.6 from

this website, and include the .js file in the same directory as your index and your program should then work.

Let me know how you get on :)

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply