prompt.js update?
hermes

Hi, I haven't come here in a long time because sadly I am no longer making html5 games (with my day job getting in the way).

But I still use prompt.js daily for work, and I was wondering if you have any plans for a newer version of it? As far as I know 0.1 is still the most current version?

All 3 Comments
Gio

Hi hermes

It is true that we haven't updated prompt.js in a while, the main reason being that "it just works" for all the things that we normally do with it - and it's quite a lot of things!

Surely it can be made better, but we have been quite busy with WADE and haven't found the time to roll out prompt.js updates.

One thing that I will do in the next few days however, is putting the source code for it on GitHub, so hopefully someone will contribute to it and speed up the process of adding new features :)

Is there any particular feature that you are looking for?

hermes
Yeah if you put the source somewhere I will have a go at extending it. Some things I just don't know anything about though. The main thing that is annoying me is crashes :D it doesn't crash too often, but it did occasionally, eg when I forget that I have already started a server and try to start it again. Little things like that, nothing major.

Another thing is when you use for commands that aren't properly formatted, eg they start with a space. It doesn't crash but it doesn't recognise it either
Gio

You are right about the crashes - it would also be quite easy to fix, we just need to find the time :)

Just so you know, the code is already available to you. Simply go into the prompt.js installation folder, it's all there (look in index.html to see which javascript files are included). I just need to put it somewhere more visible like GitHub and it's definitely on my list of things to do in the near future.

I'm not sure what you mean by "for commands" though?

Post a reply
Add Attachment
Submit Reply
Login to Reply